Best Practices for Customer Portal Implementation
Published: August 2017
Non-Client Price: $750
It looks like you do not have free access to this report. Click Here to Buy or For More Information.
Current Clients: Login for Access to Full Report, or Non-clients, please click the preview link and provide contact information to unlock preview.
Today’s customers expect a unified, user-friendly digital experience which they can leverage, on-demand, from the channel of their choice. This can be a challenge for insurers, whose traditionally siloed lines of business may have little internal cooperation. Nevertheless, carriers increasingly need to be aware of the broader competitive landscape that defines financial services—and the digital user experiences that consumers have come to expect. For carriers, the functional, online consumer-facing portal has increasingly become a baseline expectation across all lines of business.
This checklist is designed to help insurer CIOs define and focus on the most important elements in standing up a consumer portal, including how to best leverage the investments made in these critical capabilities.
- Develop from the customer’s perspective.
- Make omni-channel an inherent part of the design.
- Design for maximum leverage across the distribution chain.
- Create a functional road map.
- Build a healthy “household”.
- Test often and leverage feedback.
- Implement a cross-function governance structure.
- Build partnerships for implementation.
- Plan for the long term.